1. Editorial note from the Indonesia volume on the number of Indonesian PKI members who were killed in 1965-66, pp. 338-340.
2. Editorial note from the Indonesia volume on the U.S. Embassy's role in providing lists to the Indonesian Army of PKI members, pp. 386-387.
2a. Ambassador Green's December 2, 1965 endorsement of a 50 million rupiah covert payment to the "army-inspired but civilian-staffed action group [Kap-Gestapu]... still carrying burden of current repressive efforts targeted against PKI...." The document immediately following, presumably CIA's response to this proposal from December 3, 1965 (written by William Colby of CIA's Far East division to the State Department's William Bundy), was withheld in full from the volume. (pp.379-380)
3. Description of the declassification review of the Indonesia volume, written by the State Department historian, p. VII. This includes the official description of the "High Level Panel" which makes final decisions on acknowledgement of covert operations.
4. State Department Historical Advisory Committee's summary as of September 1, 1999 of the "Status of Johnson and Nixon Era FRUS High Level Panel Covert Action Cases" (2 pages). This document shows that the Panel decided on April 20, 1998 to acknowledge covert action in Indonesia, that the CIA completed review of the documents on August 28, 1998, and that the volume then went into page proofs, "however, publication has been delayed." The summary also shows that CIA completed its review of the Cyprus-Greece-Turkey volume on May 14, 1999, that the volume was in revised page proofs as of September 1 and was expected to be published by December 1999.
5. Excerpts from the House of Representatives' final version of Public Law 102-138, signed by President George H.W. Bush on October 28, 1991, which requires that the Foreign Relations of the United States series be a thorough, accurate, and reliable record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions and significant U.S. diplomatic activity.
6. Title page and table of contents of the Indonesia volume.